Because of the alarming rise in check fraud, scams and identity theft, we found it necessary to initiate a check cashing and check hold policy. The credit union may delay the availability of checks deposited until the next business day after deposit for the reasons listed below, checks deposited may be held for a period of four business days available on the 5th business day after the date of deposit.
- If there is a specific reason we believe an item is uncollectible.
- Check deposits total more than $5,000 on any one day.
- A previously returned check has been re-deposited.
- The account has had frequent overdrafts including a negative balance on 6 or more days in the last 6 months or would have been negative if checks or other charges to the account had been paid.
- If an emergency condition beyond the control of Members 1st occurs where the suspension of payment from another institution occurs.
- If an emergency situation exists such as communications or computer failure.
Regardless of the above circumstances, in all cases the first $250 of all deposits will be made available the day of deposit.
If the funds are deposited to a new account that is less than 30 days old, all funds deposited will be available on the 5th business day after the date of deposit.
Funds granted next day availability includes:
- U.S. Treasury Checks
- U.S. Postal Money Orders, Federal Reserve and Federal Home Loan Bank Checks
- Checks drawn by a state or local unit of government in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Cashiers and Certified Checks (certain restrictions may apply based on drawer bank and your account relationship with us)
Certificate Special Offer
VISA Balance Transfer
*APR=Annual Percentage Rate **APY=Annual Percentage Yield