Equifax Data Breach
We understand you may have concerns regarding the recent Equifax data breach and how it affects your personal information. The information provided is to assist you with your concerns.
What happened regarding the breach?
In late July, Equifax discovered it had been breached. They hired a forensics firm to investigate and on September 7, 2017 they announced that 143 million U.S. residents had their names, social security numbers, birth dates, and addresses compromised. In addition, there were also some instances where driver license numbers were compromised. Credit card numbers for approximately 209,000 U.S. consumers were also compromised.
Do I need to close my Members 1st account?
Based on the nature of this data breach, we do not suggest members close their Members 1st account as it will not help to protect you.
What can I do to protect my Members 1st account?
- Review the Equifax website to become familiar with the incident and determine the potential impact on your information.
- Take advantage of our available account alert tools through Members 1st Online Banking.
- Monitor your account activity through Members 1st Online, EZCardInfo or EZ Call.
- Check with any other financial institutions with whom you do business.
- Consider obtaining your free credit report at www.annualcreditreport.com.
This is being provided for informational purposes only. Members 1st Federal Credit Union is providing this information for you to consider your best option.
We're looking for golfers and have opportunities available for you or your business to participate behind the scenes as a sponsor.Read More...
Want your photos to be considered for publication in our 2019 Calendar?Read More...
Our administrative offices and all branch locations will be closed on the following dates.Read More...
Presenter will review the home buying process and the types of mortgages available.Read More...
Seminar reviews the criteria for obtaining a home loan and how the process works.Read More...
We understand you may have concerns regarding the recent Equifax data breach and how it affects your personal information.Read More...