Must-Read Books to Teach Kids about Money
As the 2021 school year begins, educating kids about finances should be front of mind.
While this can be challenging, books can be great tools when it comes to explaining money how-tos. Encourage your kids to read the books on this list for their age group and read along with them. After they’ve completed the reading list, discuss what they’ve learned and how they can apply the book’s lessons to their everyday life.
Check out our book suggestions for kids and teens of all ages. Happy reading!
Fall Reading List 2021
Elementary School (Ages 5-9)
- Those Shoes by Maribeth Boelts
- The Penny Pot by Stuart J. Murphy
- Start Saving, Henry! by Nancy Carlson
Middle School (Ages 8-12)
- The Everything Kids' Money Book: Earn it, save it, and watch it grow! By Brette Sember
- The Lemonade War by Jacqueline Davies
- The Toothpaste Millionaire by Jean Merrill
High School (12-17)
- I Want More Pizza: Real World Money Skills For High School, College, And Beyond by Steve Burkholder
- The Money Challenge for Teens: Prepare for College, Run from Debt, and Live Generously by Art Rainer
- Why Didn't They Teach Me This in School?: 99 Personal Money Management Principles to Live By by Cary Siegel